Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Tangerine tango: colour of the year

Almost every fashion magazine I've picked up in the last couple of months has been full of snapshots, samples and articles about how this summer is all about colour. I, for one, was more than happy to welcome some bright, fun shades into my closet and I was surprised to learn that a purchase I made in February would turn out to be one of the biggest staples of my wardrobe this year.

While reading In Style (one of my fav fashion magazines) I learned that Tangerine Tango was selected by the Pantone Color Institute as the colour of the year for 2012. A red orange with a lot of depth, Tangerine Tango is an energetic shade that's seductive, full of personality, and irresistible! Coincidentally enough, my new Kate Spade handbag is everything that I believe Tangerine Tango represents. When I first saw it, I was attracted to its vibrancy and I knew I had to have it when I couldn't stop thinking about it. It's fun, playful, and when paired with the right outfit it's a great standout piece; the perfect way for me to wear the colour of this year!

Will you wear tangerine in 2012? Leave a comment and tell me how!

Happy Independence Day! x

kate spade
Photo credit: Sam Russell

striped dress with tangerine kate spade accessory
Photo credit: Sam Russell

2 comments:

  1. The idea that Pantone picks a color of the year always tickles me tangerine tango :)

    Cool blog, btw. I really like reading about the fashion (aaaand then dressing like a hobo.)

    ReplyDelete