Friday, July 6, 2012

The catwalk: the skinny on white

I always wanted to own white jeans, but I was never daring enough to wear them. Honestly, maybe the reason was my illegitimate fear of someone seeing through them if they were walking behind me. What was I thinking? People don't have x-ray vision. And skinny jeans? I had to gradually work my way up to them. And I by gradual, I mean over a multi-year period starting with boot cut, then straight cut, and finally skinny. I took the plunge and tried on a pair of white skinny jeans last month at Guess. When I first tried them on, it took awhile to get used to the way they looked but after a few minutes in them I was surprised to discover that I was in love! I was even more surprised to find myself quite comfortable in them, too.

They're another fabulous look for summer and they work very well with contrast on top. Try pairing them with a dark or printed top, contrasting flats or heels and a clutch to round this look out.

Happy weekend!

Photo credit: Sam Russell

Photo credit: Sam Russell

Striped top, Michael Kors; Brittney ankle skinny jeans, Guess; Black flats, Nine West; Black wristlet, Coach.

No comments:

Post a Comment