Friday, July 27, 2012

The catwalk: flirty in floral

This week, my style's a little different from my usual attire. You've probably noticed that I usually choose bright and bold colours because of my skin tone; it's not often you'll see me dawning a neutral hue. This piece makes a statement and while it's a different look for me, I like the feeling I get when I wear it. It's got a 60s retro vibe, but when accessorized carefully it becomes retro with a modern twist!   

I found this dress about a year ago at another one of my fav stores: MNG by Mango. I was first attracted to its pretty floral print and light fabric, and when I tried it on I felt very pretty and feminine. It was originally priced at $90 and discounted to $20, and even though I wasn't sure where exactly I would wear it, I thought I'd get it anyway... even if I wore it once, I'd be sure to get my money's worth! 

This dress is light, breezy, fun and flirty and it's turned out to be great for almost any occasion! It can be dressed up for work with a pair of heels and a clutch; or it can be made casual when paired with a short denim jacket, sandals and bright handbag. But best of all, it's a great standout piece and it's fantastic for summer! 

Happy weekend! x









2 comments:

  1. Hi Cat,
    Just found your blog through Flickr {Sam Russell}...I love his work and his photos of you are fantastic.
    It's nice to see a fellow Newfoundlander {presuming you are from here as well as living here!} with a fashion blog. I love fashion {esp. vintage} but am usually found in ripped jeans and converse kicks or birkenstocks {did I hear a shudder through the fashionable out there?}
    Love the dress. Great colours.
    I have a blog too. It's been interesting and I've met wonderful people.
    Looking forward to seeing your posts.
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea,
      Thanks so much for your kind words :) I'm fairly new to blogging but I'm loving it so far! And yes, I am a fellow Newfoundlander still living here in NL. Sam is a friend of mine and he does some amazing work. I've been very lucky to have him give up his time to take some pictures for my blog. I just had a look at your blog and it's really interesting! Some fantastic photos and topics there... you're very talented! I'm looking forward to reading your future posts!
      Take care,
      Cat

      Delete