Monday, October 7, 2013

The catwalk: spot skater dress

It's no secret... I love spots. And if you've read any of my previous catwalk posts you already know I am in love with Oasis! Rewind several months to when my husband was in London and picked up this pretty spot skater dress at the Oasis flagship store for me. I fell in love with it when I saw it online and I never expected that I'd be lucky enough to hang this lovely piece in my closet let alone wear it!

Arguably a spot-on match to Tangerine Tango (Pantone's colour of the year in 2012) this belted fit and flare was a staple for me this summer. It transitions nicely from day to night - but even better - it can be a staple in my fall wardrobe too. Pictured below, it's paired with a small Dooney & Bourke handbag that's teal in colour. Even though they're a bold pairing, the colours are an absolute perfect match and make the outfit even more fun and playful. Topped off by a tan patent pump, simple accessories and some soft mermaid waves this ensemble was one of my top go-to outfits of the summer. To take this into fall, I'll pair it with black tights and boots, and I'll darken up the handbag choice to something a little more seasonal. Do you like this dress better for summer or for fall? Happy shopping! x
Oasis spot skater dress with teal Dooney & Bourke handbag. Photo by Sam Russell
Oasis spot skater dress with teal Dooney & Bourke handbag. Photo by Sam Russell
Oasis spot skater dress with teal Dooney & Bourke handbag. Photo by Sam Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment