Monday, August 6, 2012

Sultry Salad Dressing Series: Balsamic Dressing

It's no secret: I am a lover of salad! So much so, I eat some form of salad with every meal. Well... maybe not breakfast because that would be weird, but you get the idea! Sometimes though, I struggle with store-bought dressings. Some of them are heavy, high in fat and contain lots of salt, and I would much rather a healthy option. Even though a variety of healthier dressings are available, I thought it would be fun to make my own instead! So for the next few weeks, I'll be doing a Sultry Salad Dressing Series that's all about how to make your own salad dressing.

First up in the series is one of my favourites: Balsamic Dressing. I should mention that I have a really great tool for making my own dressing, and it was passed on to me by my mom. She originally bought this salad dressing bottle a few years ago, and it's just perfect! As pictured below, I can actually make and store the dressing in the bottle until it's gone!

Back to the recipe. The trick to making your own dressing is adding the liquid ingredients first, and then adding the spices.

3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
1 Clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp pepper

Mix the above ingredients together well, serve and enjoy! Refrigerate any left over dressing and you'll be able to enjoy it for weeks. If you try this recipe or if you have any feedback, leave a comment below!

Happy Monday! x

P.S. My endless summer salad is still flourishing! I'll post an update at the end of the summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment