Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Get on your neon!

It's back! One of the memories I suppressed from the '80s along with slouch socks and jelly shoes: neon. Really, neon never did go away for good. It just lost its mass appeal well before the Fresh Prince of Bel Air's series finale. While I don't envision myself wearing neon pink bicycle shorts anytime soon, I've found there are some great ways to incorporate this trend into your wardrobe this season. 

If you aren't already rocking something bright, try accessorizing in neon with a playful handbag, bracelet or necklace. Or if that's still a little too bold, try a neon mani or pedi (like me) to add a fun splash of colour to your style! Will you wear neon this summer? Leave a comment and tell me how you'll wear neon, or if you have any other ideas about how to add neon to your wardrobe! 

Neon pink (tour de finance) polish by Essie 

4 comments:

  1. I just got a pedi with the SERIOUSLY neon orange Essie lacquer. It actually glows in low light. I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! Do you remember the exact colour? I'd like to try that one for my next pedi! I absolutely love Essie!

      Delete
  2. I'm not crazy about neon for me but by little dancer has an extensive neon wardrobe for dancing...I'd bet she'd even lend you her neon pink booty shorts and neon blue cami to match ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet your little dancer is crazy about neon just like my nieces are about pink and princesses! I'm doing neon on my toes right now. Perhaps I will work my way up to a dress later this summer! Thanks for the comment :)

      Delete