Monday, May 27, 2013

The catwalk: Seeing spots

Polka dots have always been a timeless fashion staple. I began seeing spots last year when polka dots started trending, and it's clear they're having a moment in the spotlight again in 2013. They're fun and feminine and they've been spotted adorning nearly everything from cute flats and tops, to handbags and delicate dresses. They go very well with neutrals and solids, but can also be paired with print for a bolder more fashion-forward look.

If you know anything about me at all you know that I love a good fashion find, especially when I can really get my money's worth out of it. I don't usually buy things that will go out of style quickly. Instead, I try to find some great timeless versatile pieces to diversify my wardrobe. My polka dot popover is a perfect example of a piece I’m proud to say was a great fashion investment.

While on a solo shopping mission at South Coast Plaza I visited J.Crew in search of summery tops and bright bottoms. That’s where I found my skinny red denim and vintage sailor-inspired tee. I was happy with my fashion finds and getting ready to move on but my lovely personal stylist at J.Crew insisted I try on a brand new arrival – a pretty polka dot popover. It was love at first sight (which is a big deal for me!) This precious piece can go easily from day to night and can be worn in many different ways – part of the reason I love it so much. I've since purchased other polka dot pieces and who knows… maybe you’ll see them featured in the future!

You can (and really should) get this look too! My J.Crew popover has made its way to J.Crew Factory, where you can purchase it either in store or online. If you want the look for a lower price, check out Forever 21 for a comparable style. If you have a hankering for a high quality piece, you can find this style at Neiman Marcus both in store and online. I’ll be seeing you in the spotlight soon! x

P.S. I'd like to give a huge shout out to my friend Sam Russell, who is kind enough to take pictures of me for my blog almost every week. Sam is fantastic and super-talented. If you'd like to see more photos by Sam, you can check out his work here
Photo by Sam Russell

Photo by Sam Russell

Photo by Sam Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment