Monday, May 13, 2013

The catwalk: Pretty in print


Summer is almost here and hernameiscat is ready for the catwalk! After a winter hiatus (or maybe hibernation) I'm back and ready to blog about my favourite fashion trends and to tell you where you can find them!

My first look of the season features a summer staple that's very on-trend and was bought from a lovely place in one of the big four fashion capitals of the world – London, England. My husband was on a business trip in the UK, and I think he sensed that I might be a little envious of his location because he earmarked a whole day at the end of his trip to go shopping for me. Clearly, I took advantage (what girl wouldn't?) Someone quickly pointed him in the direction of Oasis, a contemporary British brand that’s grown to 79 stores world-wide and conveniently seemed like it was right up my fashion alley.

Putting my fab fashion investigative skills to good use, I quickly started researching. I'm thinking that this store is amazing yet I can’t have everything. How can I choose? I sent him a variety of things I liked – everything from dresses, to tops, to accessories – to help him as he embarked on his shopping mission (not an easy task, I might add!) He went to the store armed with photos and styles, and he was there no time before some of the friendly staff were voluntarily recruited to help complete Operation Oasis. He left with a few pieces that I absolutely adore, and some complimentary chocolate for the road!

Now, back to the dress. This Photo Floral Skater Dress which was featured in LOOK is a clear favourite. I love everything about it: from its bold floral print, subtle pleated front, and cut out detailing to its cinched waist, bright belt and flowy skirt. It’s perfect for anytime and any place. Wear it to work with black tights and pumps, dress it down during the day with a pair of flats or sandals, or glam it up during the night with your fav heels! Finish the look with a bright handbag and fun accessories.

While Oasis doesn’t ship to Canada (yet – I’m hoping that someday they will), you can still get their latest trends on asos.com. I, for one, am now an Oasis girl! Happy shopping, and see you next week! x
Photo Floral Skater Dress by Oasis. Photo by Sam Russell













"Denise!" Photo Floral Skater Dress by Oasis. Photo by Sam Russell
Cut out detail. Photo Floral Skater Dress by Oasis. Photo by Sam Russell





No comments:

Post a Comment